A Travellerspoint blog

Tucson Electric Park - Another baseball game

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

semi-overcast 0 °F

We're off to another Cactus League Spring Training game today in Tucson. This one is at a different baseball park than yesterday, Tucson Electric Park. It's larger than yesterdays and is supposed to have great views of the mountains, but it is so incredibly windy that the dust blocks the view of the mountain. Yesterday we fried in the sun and today we feel like we're going to get blown away. Not sure which I prefer.

We get there early (one of the first ones in line again) to watch batting practice. This field has a large lawn area in the outfield so Joe wants to head right to the lawn area to try to catch a homerun ball during practice. Joe didn't have any batted to him, but Jere was at the right place and tried to catch it 'one-handed'....yeah that didn't work but it did knock the ball down in front of him and he quickly retrieved it.

We scout the park to see what they have for lunch and since it's a large park they have lots of choices. Then we take our seats for the game. We have fairly good seats on the third base line, about 12 rows up. We see some baseball players are signing autographs below us, so Joe has one of the pitchers (Sun Woo Kim) sign the ball Jere 'caught'.

You're probably wondering what teams were playing. I'm trying to remember too :-) Oh yeah...how could I forget??? It was Joe's favorite team, the SF Giants, playing at the White Sox. I'm certain it was the White Sox -- I kept annoying Joe by asking him 'Why don't the White Sox wear white socks?' Their socks were black.

Since Joe likes the Giants and knows all the players, he was very interested in the game, but they lost in the bottom of the 9th. The pitcher that signed his ball pitched in the 8th inning and would have had the 'win' if the SF pitcher brought in for the 9th inning wouldn't have been so so bad.

After game we head back to the RV. I call Dell and after being on hold for a long time again, I ask why the service tech never called today like I was told he would call. This third Dell guy tells me that I won't receive a call til the service tech picks up the part I need. The part that I need did indeed arrive in Tucson at 7:30am this morning, but was never picked up (so much for their Next Business Day Warranty coverage). After explaining to them that the first guy said I would get a call Tuesday (but no call), the second guy said I would get a call today (but no call) and now this guy is telling me not to expect a call til the part is picked up, I become VERY RUDE CLAIRE. I'm sure the Dell service warranty records have an evil angry face beside my name in their records.

So I've spent at least 45 minutes each of the last 3 nights on the phone with Dell and I'm not happy. Jere comes in and tells me to come outside to see the beautiful rainbows. The rainbows fade in and out for the next 15 minutes and it does calm me down. I tried to take pictures of the full double rainbow but I couldn't get far enough away with my camera.


Posted by jengelman 06:06 Archived in USA Tagged family_travel

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.